EQUIPMENT AND MERCHANDISE DONATION / CONSIGNMENT POLICY
Center for Research and Education in Technology
Equipment and Merchandise Donation / Consignment Policy
April 30, 2103
The Center for Research and Education in Technology (CRET) is a 501(c)(3) corporation organized to assist with the integration of advanced treatment technologies into dental school curricula. In furtherance of such mission, CRET coordinates with its member companies to provide for the donation or consignment of merchandise and equipment to participating dental schools in order to establish dental technology innovation centers. CRET is aware that the state and federal government, as well as the American Dental Education Association (ADEA), have adopted rules and guidelines to cover the donation of manufacturer’s supplies and equipment to dental schools, their faculty, and students. With these rules in mind, CRET has adopted the following set of internal guidelines to ensure compliance for itself and its member companies.
1) All donations or consignments of supplies and equipment shall occur directly between CRET member companies and the participating dental schools. CRET shall facilitate such donations but shall not provide such donations directly. Any agreements or conditions associated with the supply of such equipment and supplies shall be between the dental school and individual manufacturers or distributors.
2) No equipment or supplies shall be provided directly to dental school faculty or students.
3) CRET representatives and members shall confer with the administration and faculty of participating dental schools to discuss the unique needs of each school and the technologies which each school wishes to introduce into its curriculum. One output of such meetings shall be a list of equipment and merchandise needed by the schools in order to introduce such technologies to the school’s student body. Such list shall be circulated amongst CRET member companies to determine the willingness to supply the necessary equipment and/or merchandise.
4) CRET shall establish internal working guidelines to ensure that each member company is provided with the opportunity to participate in each CRET educational initiative. However, the final selection of any and all equipment and supplies to be provided to each school shall rest with the appropriate decision making authority of each participating dental school.
5) CRET and its member companies shall ensure that its interactions with dental school officials, administrators, and faculty members shall be in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws as well as the applicable procurement policies at each dental school.
Updated: February 2, 2021